We place the greatest importance on your pet’s well-being and comfort. Perhaps no better example of this is our Class IV 12W Therapy Laser – the most powerful and effective therapy laser available on the planet.
Therapy laser is the latest technology, providing a pain free and noninvasive treatment that can greatly increase the quality of life for your pet. Laser therapy is a safe FDA approved modality, often resulting in the reduction or elimination of pain medications for our patients.
As with the most advanced human therapeutic lasers – a deep penetrating light allows serious relief from pain – without any medications or dangerous side effects! The beneficial effects of the laser are many, and include:
- Relieves Pain
- Reduces Inflammation
- Accelerates Healing Through Tissue Repair
- Improves Circulation
- Reduces Scar Formation
- Improves Nerve and Immune Function
- Stimulates Acupuncture Points
Arthritis, joint problems, and soft tissue injuries are just a few examples of the many conditions helped by this noninvasive modality. Laser therapy is also a standard part of our post surgery protocol, thanks to its ability to reduce pain and significantly improve healing. Almost every surgical patient (unless contraindicated) has a treatment after their operation, and all orthopedic surgery patients receive at least one additional treatment while still at Veterinary Associates of Cape Cod.
Conditions that respond best include:
- Arthritic conditions such as hip or elbow dysplasia
- Neck or back pain such as intervertebral disc disease
- Wound healing such as post surgical incisions or trauma
- Dermatological conditions such as lick granulomas, chronic ear infections, or severe hot spots
- Soft tissue damage such as muscle, ligament, and tendon injury
- Geriatric aches and pains such as degenerative joint disease
Your veterinarian will develop a treatment plan that is customized to your pet’s unique needs. Even though laser therapy is cumulative in treatments, many owners notice improvement within the first few treatments.
If your four-legged family member lives with chronic pain or on daily pain medication – the therapeutic laser may help. Talk with us during your next wellness exam or schedule an appointment to discuss this exciting new technology for your pet.